Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Funny Money Advice, Cheeky Quote Day at The Social Poets
Money at hand by Don Hankin @ flickr
From Denny: It's Cheeky Quote Day over at The Social Poets where I stash a lot of humor as well. Actually, TSP was the blog that started it all with the funny quotes posts! Then the blog, Dennys Funny Quotes, spun off, guess it was a case of ROTFLOL...
As I researched just a few money quotes they struck me as, well, so odd they were funny. Guess I couldn’t help myself in the cheeky department, as an irreverent being and all. Then I ran across a cute quiz for odd words and phrases to entertain you too.
Here's a sampling of some of the oddest money advice quotes:
* Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon. - Peter Lynch
* If the nation's economists were laid end to end, they would point in all directions. - Arthur H. Motley
* Money is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells. - J. Paul Getty
* The safe way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket. - Frank Hubbard
* Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. - Robert Orben
*** For the full post with more funnies and the quiz, Funny Money Advice - Cheeky Quote Day 11 Nov 2009, go here.